BSc (Hons) Criminology and Criminal Justice (Top-up)
Campus: David Game College - London
Duration: 1 year
Mode of Study: 2 days per week (Daytime)
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Next Start date: 03rd October 2022
Awarding Body: University of Gloucestershire
UCAS Code: L311
Intakes: March & October
BSc (Hons) Criminology and Criminal Justice (Top-up) programme is delivered in partnership with the University of Gloucestershire.
The university is proud that 95% of Gloucestershire graduates are in employment or further study within 6 months of graduating (University of Gloucestershire DHLE 2016/17).
The course is designed for students who already have a Foundation Degree, HND, or other qualification in a subject such as criminology, uniformed public services or criminal justice, and who want to follow a programme of study that takes specialist knowledge and skills to a level relevant for a graduate career in this area.
All students will follow a programme of study designed to develop your critical thinking and research skills, and you will complete an applied research project on a topic of your choice. You will also select four optional modules from a list that is likely to cover topics in policing, restorative justice, homicide, sexual violence, prisons and rehabilitation, and forensic crime scene investigation.
You will be supported by a personal tutor who will guide you through the programme and help you plan your next steps after graduation.
- Entry Requirements
- Admissions Process
- Course Specifications
|Criminal Perspectives on Criminology and Criminal Justice||6||30|
|Applied Research Project||6||30|
|Global and Organised Crime||6||15|
|Injustice and Freedoms||6||15|
Note: The BA (Hons) is awarded on completion of a minimum of 120 credits
UK and EU students:
- a pass in a BTEC HND; or
- a Foundation Degree; or
- a recognised UK or overseas equivalent; or
- other level 5 qualification in a related field
- There will also be the standard English language requirements of IELTS 6 or equivalent.
English Language Requirements:
Students whose medium of study at HND/FdA or equivalent qualification is not English are required to produce evidence of English language proficiency at IELTS: 6.0
The College will ensure that entry requirements are applied in accordance with institutional policy and that the admissions process will take the following format.
Step 1: Apply
All applicants must first create an online portal account with David Game Higher Education and complete the application form
Step 2: Upload Documents
All applicants must upload the following documents on the portal:
- Examination transcripts (English translation where necessary), or notarised copies and English Language examination transcripts (where applicable)
- Your CV
- One written reference from an employer or place of study
- A copy of your passport
- A 400-500 word personal statement outlining the reasons for applying to your chosen programme, how you feel you will benefit from the programme of study, what contributions you will make to the College and how this will help your future career aspirations
- Photo (Passport style picture)
Note: If you are not able to submit the documents online you can bring them into the college and a staff member can do it on your behalf. If requested, applicants must provide two references in support of their suitability for the programme.
Step 3: Arrange an Interview
- An interview will be conducted with an Admissions Officer or by a member of the academic team. During the interview, the information contained within the application form will be considered.
- Applicants must demonstrate they have the necessary skills for successful completion of the course, evidence of motivation and the commitment to succeed. If the applicant lives overseas, the interview will be conducted via a video call or by telephone at a mutually convenient place/time.
Note: All applicants must present original examination transcripts on the interview day.
Step 4: Accepting your Offer
- If the applicant is successful in the interview, the applicant will be sent a formal ‘Conditional Offer’ letter via email from the college. Successful applicants are also required to submit a UCAS application and the Head of Admissions will notify the collaborative partner (i.e. the university) about successful candidates.
- The University, on receipt of the application, will send an ‘Offer’. This will be ‘unconditional’ if the applicants have met all the requirements.
Note: The university acceptance process could take up to 3 weeks so we will appreciate your patience.
UCAS course Information
Course code: L311
Institution code: G50
Campus Name: David Game College
Campus code: D
Course Duration: One year, full time
Course Delivery: 2 days per week
Course Fees: £9250 (Loans available from Student Loan Company)
Course Start Date: 07th March 2022
Awarding Body: University of Gloucestershire
Note: UK/EU students may be eligible for study loans/grants from the Student Loans Company. This support can help finance both your studies and day-to-day living expenses (depending on the course level). You can find more information related to Student Finance and the necessary qualifications by visiting the corresponding links. For more information, please contact the admissions team at email@example.com or T: 0203 220 0347
The assessment strategy is designed to ensure that learning outcomes are achieved and that there is a development of knowledge and skills.
The following assessment activities are used on this programme:
- Research Proposals and Impact Assessments
- Case Studies and Scenarios
In addition, students will be expected to undertake formative assessments, including presentations, guided learning tasks, and seminar participation.
On successful completion of the Level 6 course, students are able to continue their studies at a post-graduate level, which includes pursuing a Masters in the area.
Graduate opportunities include roles in the:
- The police service
- Prisons, probation and border control
- Victim support organisations
- Intelligence analysis
- Public authorities.
Apply DirectApply Now Enquire about this course Download Prospectus
Apply through UCAS
Applications to our full-time undergraduate courses must be made through UCAS. If you haven’t started a UCAS application yet, you can apply directly here and we will process your UCAS application for you.Meet the Team
What Our Students Say
"I am happy I have this opportunity and I definitely recommend David Game College to anyone who wants a fascinating student life experience"
Claudia Modiga BTEC HND Healthcare Practice for England
"David Game College provides a great atmosphere for students to genuinely grow and learn in their field of study and with high standards. I have successfully completed my first year and I loved every moment."
Andrea Nunes - BTEC HND Hospitality Management
" I strongly recommend this College to all my friends and I will be always thankful for what I am learning there."
Francesca Catuogno BTEC HND Public Services
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|