Adobe Illustrator: Beginners’ 1-Day Short Course
Campus: David Game College - London
Duration: 1 day (09:00 – 18:00)
Mode of Study: On-campus
Level of Study: Beginners
Next Start Date: 14th of August
Awarding Body: DGHE
Join us for this engaging 1-day introductory course where you will gain a solid foundation in Adobe Illustrator.
Designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of the software, this course covers this powerful vector-based graphic program’s basic requirements and functionality.
From working with basic shapes to creating icons and illustrations, you’ll learn all the essential tools and some of the funkier ones. Through hands-on exercises, you will be able to create an illustration from start to finish, equipping you with the necessary skills to explore illustrations and graphic styles.
Whether you’re a student wanting to get into design or an artist, this course will empower you to unleash your creativity and confidently navigate the world of Adobe Illustrator.
All our on-campus short courses offer:
- Access to our London campus facilities, including a fully equipped Mac room
- Access to Adobe Creative Cloud and materials relevant to your discipline
- Networking opportunities and the chance to share ideas with like-minded individuals and professionals
- Real-time interaction with your tutor to ask questions and seek guidance
- Feedback and critique on your work.
- Who is this Course for
- Outcomes & Further study
- Meet the Tutor
- Available Dates & Pricing
- How to Register
|Understanding the Illustrator environment and workspace|
|Setting up your document|
|Working with underlying vectors to create icons|
|Digital Colour Techniques|
|Working with typography to create decorated fonts|
No prior knowledge or experience of Illustrator is required. You will be guided through each stage to understand the basics. However, you should have some essential Mac or PC skills.
This course is specifically designed for students, artists and individuals who are considering design careers and are seeking to enhance their digital skills in creating captivating and visually appealing content with an industry-standard tool.
Whether you are new to Adobe Illustrator or have some prior experience, this course is suitable for beginners who want to master the industry-standard software for producing graphics, icons and illustrations.
Whether you aim to create icons, illustrated books, posters, illustrations, NFTs, or other visual material, this course will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills to further your content creation endeavours. Join us to unlock your creative potential and take your image-making abilities to the next level with Adobe Illustrator.
Our classes are for adults (18+). However, group bookings can be made for those under 18 years old; please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Use a range of tools and palettes to create graphics
• Learn basic principles of working with vectors to apply to various digital illustrations.
• Learn how to manipulate vector structures effectively
• Learn how to apply different colouring techniques
• Learn how to customise typography effectively
• Learn the principles of icon-making.
• Export print-ready and web-ready the way a printer and web designer need them.
The illustrations you design in this course may change ( graphics, icons, photo-based, type) but will always focus on the same key principles enabling you to work with different visual techniques.
Certificate of completion
Certificate of completion
We understand and appreciate the effort you’ve invested in your studies, and we want to ensure you have tangible proof of your accomplishments. You will receive a certificate of completion upon meeting the minimum attendance requirement of 80% of your course. Certificates of completion serve as valuable additions to your CV, showcasing your dedication and commitment.
Further Study Options
- Adobe InDesign Beginners (1 day)
- Adobe InDesign Intermediate (2 days)
- Adobe InDesign Advanced (2 days)
- Adobe After Effects: Beginners (1 day)
Take your skills to the next step by joining our flexible full-time course. With only 2 days per week of classes in just 2 years, you can complete a Level 5 qualification in Graphic Design.
Gal is currently a Graphic Design Lecturer for our HND Art & Design and BA (Hons) Visual Communications (Top-up) courses.
Gal graduated from the London College of Printing in 2001 and has since worked in Graphics for many clients, from blue chips to start-ups. He is also an experienced educator specialising in the digital domain. With over 20 years of experience, he offers a wealth of knowledge to students across motion design, illustration, branding, web and digital communications.
Gal splits his time between sharing his knowledge and experience with graphic design students while working with clients across various industries.
|Monday 14th of August 2023||1 day: 09:00 – 18:00||DGHE, 32-35 Jewry Street – London, EC3N 2ET||£150|
• 50% is available for all current students and alumni. Please email email@example.com if you believe you are eligible for this discount, and our team can advise you further.
• 15% is available for early bird registrations. Discount will be applied automatically if you register for a course at least 1 month before the start.
How to register
Registering for one of our short courses is easy and quick. Please complete the Registration form and select the date you wish to attend. Once you submit your registration, you will be emailed further information and instructions on making a payment and securing your place.