Adobe InDesign: Beginners’ 1-Day Short Course
Campus: David Game College - London
Duration: 1 day (09:00 – 18:00)
Mode of Study: On-campus
Level of Study: Beginners
Start Dates: 24th OR 31st of July
Awarding Body: DGHE
Join us for this engaging 1-day introductory course where you will gain a solid foundation in Adobe InDesign.
Designed to provide an excellent initial understanding of the software, this course covers the basic requirements and functionality of this powerful page layout program, from setting up a document from scratch to incorporating text and images effectively and exporting files for professional printing.
Through practical exercises, you will have the opportunity to create a document from start to finish, preparing you with the necessary skills to set up various types of documents.
Whether you are a student, designer, marketer, or publisher, this course will empower you to unleash your creativity and confidently navigate the world of Adobe InDesign.
All our on-campus short courses offer:
- Access to our London campus facilities, including a fully equipped Mac room
- Access to Adobe Creative Cloud and materials relevant to your discipline
- Networking opportunities and the chance to share ideas with like-minded individuals and professionals
- Real-time interaction with your tutor to ask questions and seek guidance
- Feedback and critique on your work.
- Who is this Course for
- Outcomes & Further Study
- Meet the Tutor
- Available Dates & Pricing
- How to Register
|Understanding the InDesign environment and workspace|
|Setting up your document|
|Guides, Grids and Rulers|
|Introduction to Typography and the Power of Adobe Type|
|Objects and shapes|
|How to work with Graphics and placed images|
|How to use transparency|
|Checking your documents (pre-flight and package)|
|Exporting to Adobe Acrobat PDF|
Individuals or groups who have some or no knowledge of Adobe InDesign. You will be guided through different stages of using this software, starting from the basics. However, some essential Mac or PC skills are required.
This course is designed for students, designers, marketing professionals, or publishers who require foundational skills in creating captivating and visually appealing content using InDesign.
Whether you aim to create books, documents, digital magazines, eBooks, posters, interactive PDFs, or other engaging materials, this course will provide you with the knowledge and practical skills to excel in your content creation endeavours. Join us to unlock your creative potential and take your design abilities to the next level with Adobe InDesign.
Our classes are for adults (18+). However, group bookings can be made for those under 18; please contact us at email@example.com.
- Set up a document from scratch
- Learn basic design principles to consider all types of document design
- Learn how to use typography effectively
- Understand how to use colour and swatches
- Prepare your document for a professional print
- Export print-ready Acrobat PDFs the way a printer needs them
- Prefight your document and Package it for supply or output
The document you design on this course may change (magazine cover and spread, brochure, flyer) but will always focus on the same key principles enabling you to set up multiple types of documents.
Certificate of completion
We understand and appreciate the effort you’ve invested in your studies, and we want to ensure you have tangible proof of your accomplishments. You will receive a certificate of completion upon meeting the minimum attendance requirement of 80% of your course. Certificates of completion serve as valuable additions to your CV, showcasing your dedication and commitment.
Further Study Options
- Adobe InDesign: Intermediate (2 days)
- Adobe InDesign: Advanced (2 days)
- Adobe Illustrator: Beginners (1 day)
- Adobe After Effects: Beginners (1 day)
Take your skills to the next step by joining our flexible full-time course. With only 2 days per week of classes in just 2 years, you can complete a Level 5 qualification in Graphic Design.
Rich is currently a Graphic Design Lecturer for our HND Art & Design and BA (Hons) Visual Communications (Top-up) courses.
Rich graduated from Loughborough College of Art and Design in 1996 and has since worked in advertising and brand communication agencies for many clients, from blue chips to start-ups. With over 25 years of experience, 15 of which in agency and over 10 years as a freelancer, he offers real industry insight and a wealth of knowledge to students across branding, packaging, advertising, print and digital communications.
Rich splits his time between sharing his knowledge and experience with graphic design students while working with clients across London and the UK.
|Monday 24th of July 2023||1 day: 09:00 – 18:00||DGHE, 32-35 Jewry Street – London, EC3N 2ET||£150|
|Monday 31st of July 2023||1 day: 09:00 – 18:00||DGHE, 32-35 Jewry Street – London, EC3N 2ET||£150|
• 50% is available for all current students and alumni. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe you are eligible for this discount, and our team can advise you further.
• 15% is available for early bird registrations. Discount will be applied automatically if you register for a course at least 1 month before the start.
How to register
Registering for one of our short courses is easy and quick. Please complete the Registration form and select the date you wish to attend. Once you submit your registration, you will be emailed further information and instructions on making a payment and securing your place.