BA (Hons) Business Management
Campus: David Game College - London
Duration: 3 years
Mode of Study: 2 days per week (Daytime or Evenings & Saturdays)*
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Next Start Date: 2nd October 2023
Awarding Body: Buckinghamshire New University
UCAS code: DGBS
The BA (Hons) Business Management degree programme is delivered in partnership with Buckinghamshire New University. You will gain a thorough understanding of the essence of business and management in a world of instability, complexity, transition, and ambiguity through this programme.
Developing your employability is a key focus of this dynamic and flexible programme. This degree is designed to prepare you to become a confident and skilled business leader; whether your ambitions are for a management career or to start your own business.
In this course, you learn what’s involved in managing organisations in an increasingly complex world. As well as gaining essential knowledge in marketing, managing operations, accounting and finance, you’ll also develop important management skills that will help you succeed in your business career.
The underlying principle behind the course content is to mirror the modern business environment, giving you the opportunity to assess solutions to challenging, real-world problems. You’ll learn in small groups and draw on the expertise of lecturers with extensive professional experience in the business sector.
This undergraduate degree is offered as a full-time study programme for three years as standard, or a four years study option, including a foundation year.
*If you do not meet the minimum requirements for the three-year undergraduate programme or don’t feel fully prepared for a degree course, you can apply for a four-year programme, including a Foundation Year in Business Management.
The Foundation Year programme aims to deliver a relevant and comprehensive education providing you with a grounding in theory and a great deal of emphasis on the practical side of teaching. If you successfully complete the foundation year with the required grades, you can then progress on to your degree in Business Management.
*This course is delivered two days per week or two evenings plus Saturday. In addition, learners are required to attend a personal tutor meeting twice per semester.
- Entry Requirements
- Admissions Process
- Course Specifications
This undergraduate degree is offered as a full-time study programme for 3 years as standard, or a 4 years study option including a foundation year.
|Global Business Environment||4||15|
|The Graduate Challenge||4||15|
|Introduction to People Management||4||15|
|Principles of Marketing||4||15|
|Data Insight for Business Decisions||4||15|
|Contemporary Business Economics||5||15|
|Enterprise and Entrepreneurship||5||15|
|Consultancy in Practice||5||15|
|Operations and Service Management||5||15|
|Digital Business and New Technologies||5||15|
|International Marketing Management||6||15|
|Developing Leadership & Management Skills||6||15|
|Managing and Developing Innovation & Creativity||6||15|
|Change Management and Organisation Development||6||15|
|Note: The BA (Hons) is awarded on completion of a minimum of 360 credits.|
At DGHE, we review applications individually, considering each applicant’s unique circumstances. Whether you hold a UK qualification, possess work experience or have obtained qualifications from overseas, we are open to discussing your application and exploring potential pathways for admission.
Examples of accepted qualifications
- A level standard or overseas equivalent to 80 UCAS tariff points
- Or other UK level 3 qualifications (e.g. Foundation Diploma, Access to HE Certificate, a BTEC Diploma/National, Advanced GNVQ or AVCE)
- Or Overseas Qualifications equivalent to Level 3 (e.g. Diploma de Baccalaureate, Brandos Atesta, Estudos Secundários, etc.)
For more information on accepted international qualifications, visit our designated page.
Non-standard qualifications & Mature applicants
- We encourage mature students who are 21 years of age or older to apply. At DGHE, we value mature students’ diverse experiences and perspectives. While some entry requirements may still apply for this programme, we welcome applicants with relevant work experiences and carefully consider each one individually.
*If you do not meet the minimum requirements for a three-year undergraduate programme or feel you need more preparation for a degree course, you can apply for a four-year programme, including a Foundation with a Year in Business Management.
English Language Requirements:
IELTS 5.5 / 4/C in English GCSE / Functional Skills Level 2
Students who have studied in a country where English is not the primary language will be required to meet our English Language Requirements. Usually, students must take an English Test offered by DGHE or provide one of the above.
*If you do not meet the required standard of English requirement in the assessment, you will be offered our Pre-sessional English language course to help you improve your English to the necessary level to gain admission to this course.
Restrictions on learner entry:
The BA (Hons) Business Management qualification requires learners to be 18 years and over at the start of their course.
The College will ensure that entry requirements are applied in accordance with institutional policy and that the admissions process will take the following format.
Step 1: Apply
All applicants must first create an online portal account with David Game Higher Education and complete the application form
Step 2: Upload Documents
All applicants must upload the following documents on the portal:
- Examination transcripts (English translation where necessary), or notarised copies and English Language examination transcripts (where applicable)
- Your CV
- One written reference from an employer or place of study
- A copy of your passport
- A 400-500 word personal statement outlining the reasons for applying to your chosen programme, how you feel you will benefit from the programme of study, what contributions you will make to the College and how this will help your future career aspirations
- Photo (Passport style picture)
Note: If you are not able to submit the documents online you can bring them into the college and a staff member can do it on your behalf.
Step 3: Arrange an Interview
- Applicants will be subject to a personal interview where possible either by a member of the admissions team or an approved agency (where this is not possible acceptance will be based on the information contained in the application form and any supporting documents)
- Arrange an appointment to visit DGHE to present certain original documents and attend an interview. You can do this via email firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone 02032200347
- Applications can also be submitted in person at our DGHE campus. Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm.
Note: All applicants must present original examination transcripts on the interview day.
Step 4: Apply through UCAS
Applications to our full-time undergraduate courses must be made through UCAS. If you haven’t started a UCAS application yet, you can apply directly here.
Step 5: Accepting your Offer
- Selection will be considered in the light of previous qualifications, experience, and future aspirations
- If you are successful in the interview, you will receive a formal ‘conditional offer’ issued by the college.
- In order to receive your ‘unconditional offer’ from Buckinghamshire New University, you must satisfy any outstanding conditions and submit your application via UCAS.
UCAS course Information
Course code: DGBS
Institution code: B94
Campus Name: David Game College
Campus code: E
Course Duration: 3 years or 4 years (with foundation year)
Course Delivery: 2 days per week *
*In addition to the 2 days of timetabled classes learners are required to attend a personal tutor meeting twice per semester
Course Fees: £9250 (Loans available from Student Loan Company)
Awarding Body: Buckinghamshire New University
Note: UK/EU students may be eligible for study loans/grants from the Student Loans Company. This support can help finance both your studies and day-to-day living expenses (depending on the course level). You can find more information related to Student Finance and the necessary qualifications by visiting the corresponding links. For more information, please contact the admissions team at email@example.com or T: 0203 220 0347
The assessment strategy is designed to ensure that learning outcomes are achieved and that there is a development of knowledge and skills. Independent learning is embedded within the programme and students develop a depth of understanding via synthesis, critical analysis and evaluation.
You will typically have one or two assessment points per module that are formally assessed. These range from individual coursework, to group work and examinations. In your last year of study, you will develop and present a dissertation project based on original research collected and analysed by you.
Since this curriculum covers all aspects of business management, it also allows students to concentrate on a specific field of interest for postgraduate study, either full-time or part-time while working. On successful completion of the Level 6 course, students are entitled to continue their studies at a post-graduate level, which includes pursuing a post-graduate qualification in a business-related field.
You will be well qualified to advance to a variety of opportunities and careers in general management or to start your own company. You would have acquired a broad range of knowledge and skills, allowing you to work in any field or business position, including operations and service management, customer management, and project management, retail management.
Apply DirectApply Now Daytime Enquire about this course Chat with our students
Apply through UCAS
Applications to our full-time undergraduate courses must be made through UCAS. If you haven’t started a UCAS application yet, you can apply directly here for Daytime, and we will process your UCAS application for you.Meet the Team