BA (Hons) Business Management (Top-Up)
Campus: David Game College - London
Duration: 1 year
Mode of Study: 2 days per week (Daytime or Evenings & Saturdays)*
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Next Start Date: 02 October 2023
Awarding Body: Buckinghamshire New University
UCAS code: DGBU
Intakes: March & October
In the modern world of complex, fast-paced and increasingly international business, management skills are essential to realising your potential in the workplace. The BA (Hons) Business Management (Top Up) course ensures business students have the relevant skills needed to lead change in a dynamic and competitive environment. The one-year course is ideal for those either seeking to start their own business, to be a manager in a national or international setting or for those that are keen to advance into Postgraduate level study.
Our lecturers have extensive industry and academic experience that enhances the delivery of the course allowing for the practical application in today’s ever-changing business climate. The course will provide all students with the relevant knowledge and skills needed to succeed in an increasingly competitive employment market.
The objectives of the BA (Hons) Business Management are as follows:
- Provide all students with in-depth knowledge and understanding of the core functions of business and management
- Critically evaluate and plan for a range of contemporary business and management scenarios
- Develop the intellectual skills necessary to contribute to effective business practice and problem-solving
- Prepare students for graduate employment, research, further study and lifelong learning by developing their intellectual, practical and key (transferable) skills
- Enhance the employability of graduates through the blend of academic study and skills development
- Develop enterprise and entrepreneurial skills
In this programme, you will develop a good understanding of the nature of business management. The course will focus on the ability to think critically and will, therefore, enable students to analyse and evaluate solutions to complex, real-life problems.
*This course is delivered two days per week or two evenings plus Saturday.
- Entry Requirements
- Admissions Process
- Course Specifications
|Managing Innovation in Business||6||30|
|Leading and Managing Change||6||30|
|Corporate Strategy and Governance||6||30|
Note: The BA (Hons) is awarded on completion of a minimum of 120 credits
UK and EU students:
- a pass in a BTEC HND; or
- a Foundation Degree; or
- a recognised UK or overseas equivalent; or
- other level 5 qualification in a related field
- There will also be the standard English language requirements of IELTS 6 or equivalent.
English Language Requirements:
Any student who has studied in a non-majority English-speaking country will typically be asked to take the Pearson Versant Test. DGHE accepts the following English language tests in addition to GCSE:
|English Language Test||HND/Degree Programmes Requirements|
|Functional Skills English (Level 2)||Pass|
|Duolingo English Test||95-100|
|IELTS||5.5 in all areas|
*If you do not meet the required standard of English requirement in the assessment, you will be offered our Pre-sessional English language course to help you improve your English to the necessary level to gain admission to the degree in Business Management.
The College will ensure that entry requirements are applied in accordance with institutional policy and that the admissions process will take the following format.
Step 1: Apply
All applicants must first create an online portal account with David Game Higher Education and complete the application form
Step 2: Upload Documents
All applicants must upload the following documents on the portal:
- Examination transcripts (English translation where necessary), or notarised copies and English Language examination transcripts (where applicable)
- Your CV
- One written reference from an employer or place of study
- A copy of your passport
- A 400-500 word personal statement outlining the reasons for applying to your chosen programme, how you feel you will benefit from the programme of study, what contributions you will make to the College and how this will help your future career aspirations
- Photo (Passport style picture)
Note: If you are not able to submit the documents online you can bring them into the college and a staff member can do it on your behalf. If requested, applicants must provide two references in support of their suitability for the programme.
Step 3: Arrange an Interview
- An interview will be conducted with an Admissions Officer or by a member of the academic team. During the interview, the information contained within the application form will be considered. Applicants must demonstrate they have the necessary skills for successful completion of the course, evidence of motivation and the commitment to succeed. If the applicant lives overseas, the interview will be conducted via a video call or by telephone at a mutually convenient place/time.
Note: All applicants must present original examination transcripts on the interview day.
Step 4: Accepting your Offer
- If the applicant is successful in the interview, the applicant will be sent a formal ‘Conditional Offer’ letter via email from the college. Successful applicants are also required to submit a UCAS application and the Head of Admissions will notify the collaborative partner (i.e. the university) about successful candidates.
- The University, on receipt of the application, will send an ‘Offer’. This will be ‘unconditional’ if the applicants have met all the requirements.
Note: The university acceptance process could take up to 3 weeks so we will appreciate your patience.
Course code: DGBU
Institution code: B94
Campus Name: David Game College
Campus code: E
Course Duration: One year, full time
Course Delivery: Two days per week or; 2 evenings and Saturdays
Course Fees: £9250 (Loans available from Student Loan Company)
Awarding Body: Buckinghamshire New University
Note: UK/EU students may be eligible for study loans/grants from the Student Loans Company. This support can help finance both your studies and day-to-day living expenses (depending on the course level). You can find more information related to Student Finance and the necessary qualifications by visiting the corresponding links. For more information, please contact the admissions team at email@example.com or T: 0203 220 0347
The assessment strategy is designed to ensure that learning outcomes are achieved and that there is a development of knowledge and skills.
The following assessment activities are used on this programme:
- Research Proposals and Impact Assessments
- Case Studies and Scenarios
In addition, students will be expected to undertake formative assessments, including presentations, guided learning tasks, and seminar participation.
The successful completion of the Top-Up degree will allow candidates to develop their careers further with recognised professional bodies, specifically with the Chartered Institute of Management.
On successful completion of the Level 6 course, students are entitled to continue their studies at a post graduate level, which includes pursuing a Masters in Business Administration (MBA).
BA (Hons) opens the door to a range of business-related positions across a broad range of industry sectors whether in City firms, multinational companies, specialist consultancies or small and medium-sized enterprises.
On successful completion of the course, students will be well placed to enter employment in management related positions and management trainee posts in both public and private sectors. Graduates will be able to start their own businesses or progress in their current careers to a management position.
Apply DirectApply Daytime Now Apply Flexi Now Chat with our students
Apply through UCAS
Applications to our full-time undergraduate courses must be made through UCAS. If you haven’t started a UCAS application yet, you can apply directly here for Flexi and Daytime and we will process your UCAS application for you.Meet the Team