University Mental Health Day
Posted on 03/03/22
These last 2 years have been tough for everyone. Students and teachers have been particularly affected by disruption to their learning and teaching, and just when we thought things were returning to some form of ‘normality’, current world events are now affecting many of us again.
Thursday, March 3rd is University Mental Health Day in the UK.
This year, DGHE is encouraging students and staff to think about quick, simple things they can do either by themselves or with friends and family to help relieve stress and get some better sleep:
Mindfulness is an activity you can do pretty much anywhere, anytime, even in a public place – literally just a few minutes while you’re walking from home to the station in the morning, or a few minutes before you go to bed. It’s something all the family can do, individually or together.
There are online courses and lots of different free mindfulness meditations available on the college’s HealthAware App.
Why not try Beditation? If you have Netflix you can get a free trial for Headspace – Unwind your mind, sleep, relax and meditate. They also have episodes that further explain what mindfulness is and how to start practising!
Next week, Wednesday 9th March, AWS will be leading a 15minute Mindfulness session at our college during the International Women’s Day Event.
- Art can really improve your mental health too, and in many ways is just a different form of Mindfulness.
You don’t have to be an artist! Drawing stick figures, doodling, colouring-in, these are all simple activities which again can be done anywhere, anytime and can really help.
Here are some links to free resources you can use: Doodling – the benefits of doodling (and what it is!) – helps you focus and calms you – what’s not to like!
- Apply to be a student ambassador!
- Refer a friend and earn up to £700!
- Mental Health Awareness Week 2022
- Food Donation Box
- Personalized Planners: Just for you!
- April is Stress Awareness Month
- Ramadan at David Game
- 6th April – Virtual HND Workshop: not to be missed!
- Thanks For Supporting Our Humanitarian Collection!
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a traditional Irish recipe